I've decided to retire this blog — I don't really see myself updating it any time soon, and haven't for over two years anyway. I intend to leave the content on-line for the forseeable future, but have converted it to a static site. As a result, dynamic things like search and comments aren't really going to work.

You can find me on Twitter or on Google+ if you like. Alternatively, I'm usually on IRC as LawnGnome on Freenode.

Thanks for reading!


Courtesy of Telstra, who have finally succeeded in their ongoing quest to kill our phone line, it looks like I’m going to have a couple of days without Internet access. This is, of course, as inconveniently timed as possible, given the work I need to do on the GSWoC project and said work being about ten times harder without the aforementioned Internet access.

So, I’ll be back in a couple of days, give or take. Guess I’ll take it as an enforced break.

3 Responses to “/away”

  1. Daniel O'Connor Says:

    Ah, damn. I know I was very frustrated when, after leaving our house; a former housemate had the phone cut off. It cost me an arm and a leg to restore the contract with my ISP, here in Adelaide.

    Sadly, I’ve still never recovered all of the bills from said housemate…

  2. Five Minutes » Blog Archive » What I Did With My Winter Holidays, Part 4 Says:

    [...] from the frustrations caused by Telstra, the main source of frustration for the last few days has been this line of code: [...]

  3. Five Minutes » Blog Archive » What I Did With My Winter Holidays, Part n Says:

    [...] In the last week, I’ve shredded my left knee for the second time in eighteen months, rendering me unable to drive a manual car (again), unable to walk without pain (again) and, importantly, unable to sit at a computer for long periods (again, and it’s made finishing off a release difficult). On top of that, I’ve been wholly unsuccessful in finding hosting that doesn’t suck (which rules out Sourceforge) and actually works more than 43% of the time (rules out Google Code Hosting and its entertaining array of internal server errors). To top that off, I discovered tonight that the secondary DNS for the domain that would have been the fallback has apparently chewed up my carefully crafted zone file, spat it out, and replaced it with an old one — and, naturally, it’s getting used instead of the primary for some reason I don’t have time to figure out. I blame Virtualmin anyway. Oh, and my ADSL connection has spent the night going up and down entertainingly, which I suspect is a sign of imminent phone line doom (again). [...]