Stuff I’m Working On
It may be quicker to just look at my GitHub page, if you just want a feel for what sorts of code-related things I do with my spare time.
Anyway, in no particular order, the things I’m currently (where
currently whenever I last updated this page, which isn’t all that frequent) working on are:
- Dubnium: the debugger frontend for PHP+XDebug I worked on as part of the 2007 Google Summer of Code. (You can read the original project abstract on their Web site.) After a hiatus of a couple of years caused by Real Life™ (curse its black heart), I’ve started doing a bit of work on this again, and hope to have a 0.2.0 release out by the end of the year. I’m not quite ready to say which year, though. Blog posts related to Dubnium are categorised here.
- PEAR DB: The database abstraction layer that won’t die. Believe me, I’ve tried.
- PEAR Auth and Config: I haven’t done much on these this year, but I am still technically a developer on both of them.
- PEAR2 Auth. Now with awesome! (And delays caused by include/include_once/allfiles.php related squabbling. Surely everyone can just agree that I’m right and they’re wrong.) The
otherAdam, as I like to refer to him, is really doing this at the moment.
- A new PHP date/time package that has yet to be named. I hope to put an API on the awesome ext/date code that won’t cause people to self-immolate. Not yet released.
- wp-gopher: Gopher. WordPress. Optional IPv6. What’s not to like?